Please follow the links below to download copies of the documents.
Contact us if you require any further information or assistance.
Documents for Authors
- PaPaS Review Proposal Form or Overview Proposal Form: for submitting your title proposal
- Resources for new authors: guidance for authors of newly-registered titles
- PaPaS Author and Referee Guidance: supplementary information with evidence about pain studies and their outcomes over the past two decades
- Guidance document for using RevMan5: installation and connection settings
- Top Tips for Authors: detailed information about RevMan and Archie
Developing the protocol and review
- Managing Expectations: familiarise yourself with the expectations of the partnership between authors and Cochrane
- Style Manual Basics: a bite-size introduction to essential copy-editing guidance for authors from the Cochrane Style Manual
- Pre-submission Checklist for Protocols: you can use this document to double-check your protocol meets the minimum required standards before submitting
- Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews (MECIR): standards for conducting and reporting Cochrane protocols, reviews and updates: full list of standards
- Mandatory MECIR standards listed in the relevant sections of RevMan: for Protocols and Reviews [updated May 2017 in light of updated MECIR standards]
- Incorporating GRADE into your review and Criteria for applying or using GRADE.
- Criteria for checking your Abstract and consistency of conclusions throughout: ARGO criteria
- How to update your PaPaS review: supporting document for authors updating reviews
- Flowcharts of the PaPaS editorial process for Protocols and Reviews: details of the expected timelines for each part of the editorial process
- PaPaS Summary of Findings document for authors: further information for PaPaS authors
- PaPaS Editor information
- PaPaS information leaflet (2013; some details may be out of date)