Please follow the links below to download copies of the documents.
Contact us if you require any further information or assistance.
Documents for Authors
- PaPaS Review Proposal Form or Overview Proposal Form: for submitting your title proposal
- Resources for new authors: guidance for authors of newly-registered titles
- PaPaS Author and Referee Guidance: supplementary information with evidence about pain studies and their outcomes over the past two decades
- Guidance document for using RevMan5: installation and connection settings
- Top Tips for Authors: detailed information about RevMan and Archie
Developing the protocol and review
While working on your Cochrane Protocol and Cochrane Reviews you may find it helpful to use or consult some good practice resources. Download a document with brief descriptions and links to the key resources, including reference sources and standards, software and other tools, as well as general resources related to Cochrane: click here.
- Managing Expectations: familiarise yourself with the expectations of the partnership between authors and Cochrane
- Style Manual Basics: a bite-size introduction to essential copy-editing guidance for authors from the Cochrane Style Manual
- Pre-submission Checklist for Protocols: you can use this document to double-check your protocol meets the minimum required standards before submitting
- Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews (MECIR): standards for conducting and reporting Cochrane protocols, reviews and updates: full list of standards
- Mandatory MECIR standards listed in the relevant sections of RevMan: for Protocols, Reviews and Updates.
- Incorporating GRADE into your review and Criteria for applying or using GRADE.
- Criteria for checking your Abstract and consistency of conclusions throughout: ARGO criteria
- Flowcharts of the PaPaS editorial process for Protocols and Reviews: details of the expected timelines for each part of the editorial process
- PaPaS Summary of Findings document for authors: further information for PaPaS authors
- PaPaS Editor information
- PaPaS information leaflet (2013; some details may be out of date)